English (United Kingdom)
History of candle factory Triboldi

The candle factory “Pietro Triboldi spa” was established in Crema in 1865. Pietro Triboldi (Pietro II’s ancestor and founder of SIMP as well as of all the companies of the group) used to go personally from church to church to collect the requests of priests and produce candles according to the orders received. He manufactured the candles using beeswax, tallow and a various mixtures and was concerned about buying the raw materials from the best beekeepers at that time. The work was essentially carried out manually and the candles were manufactured through a technique known as “colaggio”, consisting of pouring the melted wax in a mould.

 

candle factory Triboldi's photo

 

As the Candle factory was moved to Soresina in 1880, its activity changed from handmade to industrial. In the same year, the candle factory was awarded a bronze medal in Tripoli, an industrial and artistic prize attributed to the most prominent industries.

 

Once the number of beekeepers decreased, the beeswax production became insufficient in Italy, while the prices connected to the importation were too expensive. Therefore the paraffin gradually replaced the beeswax. Thanks to lower costs with respect to the beeswax, the paraffin allowed to obtain a product suitable to be marketed at more affordable prices.

.

Also the production system undertook a development and thus the new phase called “tiraggio” was added to the “colaggio” carried out manually. Finally the most advanced systems of “colaggio” were adopted.

 

candle factory Triboldi's photo

 

In 1997 the candle factory activities were moved to a completely new plant located in via Arderico (Soresina), which meets the needs of a modern production system.

Today the company, owned and run by the family’s fourth generation, employs a great number of people and produces 1800 candles per hour. It maintains untouched the tradition and the care in the manufacturing of candles, as well as the spirit of its founder who, besides offering an efficient service to his clientele, emphasized the importance of the human contact.